Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year Resolution



My new year resolution was to start a blog. I have been thinking about it for months, but had not sat down and started working on it until now. So, today is the first day of the new year and a great time to get started.

Hello, my name is Lorissa J. Longfellow. I am a photographer and work at home mom who lives in the high desert in Northwestern Arizona. Before becoming a work at home mom, I lived in Florida and worked in the arts. My degree is in Humanities concentrating in Art History, but college seems like another life time. I love to travel, my husband and daughter, and photographing things that interest me.
I have loved photography since I was a young child with a brownie camera and basic basement darkroom. I purchased my first 35mm SLR when I was 14 and my love for photographing has always been a part of me even when I pursued other thing in my life.
Moving out west prompted me to give my love of photography a larger part of my life. It is Wonderful!!
Now that I am a mom and can't easily do art shows to promote my work, I am trying the internet. I have had a website at www.ljdesignphoto.com for a while, but did not have it set up to sell. Recently I changed that by adding a shopping cart and I also opened a shop on the site etsy, http://ljdesignphoto.etsy.com

My work up until this last year focused on Desert Landscapes, Ghost Towns, and Route 66. This last year I started a new series focusing on Motherhood. It is a celebrations of the joys, emotions and trials of being a mother.

In this blog I'm going to ramble about my influences, traveling, art and artist I love, and motherhood. I hope it will give my readers an unique perspective into my art, life, and something interesting to read once in a while when they sit down at the computer with their coffee in the morning.



Thank you for taking the time to visit and read. Please come back often for updates.

6 comments:

Michael said...

Just when I thought I was running out of things to read on the internet, you came through to provide me with much-needed new content. Thanks, Lorissa!

Janice said...

Nice start! Lovely photos. You're probably already on it, but add 'Mini Etsy' so we can see more.

Sleepless Stitch said...

Welcome to the blog world.
I love your photography.
~Christina

Cortney said...

Love it- beautiful work Lorissa. And kudos to you for starting your new year's resolution on day 1!

Becca Alley said...

Welcome, and a great start! Can't wait to read more.

Anonymous said...

friggin awesome
Like your picks, even the girly picks of flowers in the calander you sent me ;)

more great quotes


Don't bother about being modern. Unfortunately it is the one thing that, whatever you do, you cannot avoid.
- Salvador Dali

Living is more a question of what one spends than what one makes.
-Marcel Duchamp