Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Resolutions - Not

I don't know about you, but I don't do new year's resolutions. I seem to have enough in my life that I'm trying to get done without adding to it. But that said, I do though find that after a busy fall and holidays, that January is a great time to get some of that lingering to do list finally accomplished.
Last year I started at Weight Watchers with a friend and lost 25 lb. This was a continuation of a goal that I had started during the summer, but could not seem to get myself past a 5 lb lost.
During the last part of 2009 I have managed to keep it off, eat better, and continue to be active. I would love to lose 5 more pounds and I'm hoping to do this in the next month or so. Here is a photo of my and my daughter that my hubby took recently. One of these day's I need to post a before and after, but I really don't like my before.

Another thing on my to do list is to update and redo my website. I'm doing more portraits then ever, and enjoying it. My website does not let anyone know I'm also a portrait photographer and it really needs to. I love photographing both children and adults and really enjoy photographing a family in their home and capture them in their own environment. Here are some of my recent favorites.

Other things on my to do list include traveling more, finishing up some scrapbooks, organizing my digital negatives better and spending more time playing with my daughter.

So instead of adding to your busy life with new "resolutions", just say no and try to get some of that never ending to do list done.

Hope you and yours has a happy and beautiful 2010!!!
-Lorissa

1 comment:

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Happy New Year!! I don't do resolutions either. BTW, you look fabulous & your daughter is adorable!! Love your work.

=D melanie

more great quotes


Don't bother about being modern. Unfortunately it is the one thing that, whatever you do, you cannot avoid.
- Salvador Dali

Living is more a question of what one spends than what one makes.
-Marcel Duchamp