Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tell me Thursday - Project Kitty, Rescued

If you have reading my blog lately you know my daughter loves to craft, paint, color, and more. I'm a little bit to blame for it because I would rather create then clean or exercise or make dinner. She seems to be falling into that pattern. So when we head off to the craft store together I find it difficult to tell her she can't get anything. On Tuesday I said yes to this Kitty paint and grow kit that she found on clearance. Why was it on clearance? Well the cat was broken into four pieces and the paint was dried out. My daughter didn't care, she just saw the potential. And for $2.00, could I say no?

Can you see the cracks? The big one in the front goes right down though the right eye and into the whiskers. With the paint on you can hardly tell. We just had to include a new first step of gluing the Kitty back together. She insisted that the eyes be pink (her most favorite color) and we only had a washable brown paint to replace the black, so it looks a little muddy. But for the work of a 3 1/2 year old I thought it turned out great.

The second part of the project was to plant the grass seeds in the plastic container provided. This was actually the much less of a mess part. Once we got it all together we put the bag on top and put it in a sunny window still. The seeds are only two days old and have a few more days before they sprout but I included a photo anyway. So in the end the little container goes right inside the Kitty and she as a cute decoration for her room.

So if you see a project like this on clearance, go ahead and rescue it. My daughter just thought it was a puzzle we had to put back together and we saved a good $4 over the regular price.

5 comments:

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

What an adorable kitty! She did a fabulous job!

Anonymous said...

What a great save! What a great project! You GO, girl!

Tell Me Thursday said...

Great story! Thanks for playing along with us. Hope to see you next week with a new photo and story!

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome that a 3.5 yr old can see potential in something broken! You should be one proud mama! =)

Unknown said...

Tell Miss Addison that Granma says that she did a great job and loves the kitty. I really enjoyed seeing her and seeing those little hands creating.
Congrats to you also. Nice work on the weight. Sure can see a difference.

more great quotes


Don't bother about being modern. Unfortunately it is the one thing that, whatever you do, you cannot avoid.
- Salvador Dali

Living is more a question of what one spends than what one makes.
-Marcel Duchamp