Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Is it Week 6 Already? 365 Photo a Day

Another week has flown by so quickly.  Such a busy month as a mother with long President's Day weekends, science fairs, and Valentine's Day parties. I still manage do post a photo for each day of this week, unfortunately not each day. But no one is perfect.

So this last week was a view back over the last few years.  This photo of a tree trying to survive at White Sands was taken in spring of 2012. I've always loved it, but thought it might not appeal to everyone so I just left it untouched until now.

White Sands Evening 37/365
White Sands Evening 37/365

These beautiful boats can be found in Tarpon Springs, FL.  Oh how I miss the warm weather and the water. I wish I could be a snowbird.

Spong Dock Evening 38/365
Sponge Dock Evening 38/365

This billboard was along the road in New Mexico at the edge of a Ghost Town.  It doesn't say much but I love the clouds and the light.

Ghost town Billboard 39/365
Ghost Town Billboard 39/365

This is from a photo shoot a few years ago.  Pressed for time and in an unfamiliar location requested by the client I always wondered if it could have been better.  The clients loved the photos, so it was me not them.  I do think that I have defiantly improved my editing skills since then and like this image much better now.

S with her dog 40/365
S with her dog 40/365

I wish I could find the time to travel Route 66 again.  This photo if nearly 5 years old and taken with an older digital camera so enlarging beyond 11x14 might show some digital grain. Oh well, still a great photo.

Soulsby's Shell Station IL 41/365
Soulsby's Shell Station IL 41/365

I love the Folk Art of the Southwest.  These bunnies are so fun.  I have a flying pig in a similar style, and if my cats wouldn't chew on everything I would have more.

Bright Bunnies 42/365
Bright Bunnies 42/365

In early summer these trees bloom in my yard.  The provide berries for the birds in fall, but this past spring we had an abundance of moths and they seemed to love these blossoms. 

Summer Moth 43/365
Summer Moth 43/365

I hope you like them.  Not sure what next week has in store.  If the weather ever warms I have a few things my daughter and I would like to try. One of these days.


Have a wonderful week. And thanks for visiting!
Lorissa

No comments:

more great quotes


Don't bother about being modern. Unfortunately it is the one thing that, whatever you do, you cannot avoid.
- Salvador Dali

Living is more a question of what one spends than what one makes.
-Marcel Duchamp