Friday, May 9, 2008

Spiky but Sweet.

I love the Desert as much as I love laying on a sandy beach. Many of my friends who live near the ocean just don't understand.

The beauty of the Mojave Desert is why I moved west when my fiance, now husband suggested it. I love so much about it. You can see so far it is just amazing. So many mountains of different shapes and colors. And so many varieties of plants and wild life. I feel in love during my first visit.

Spring is one of the best times of year to visit, as long as you don't mind wind. First you get the wild flowers and later the cactus begin to bloom. Warm days and cool evenings. So much to enjoy.

I wanted to share one of these joys with you. Here is a new desert bloom that I just photographed this week.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

more great quotes


Don't bother about being modern. Unfortunately it is the one thing that, whatever you do, you cannot avoid.
- Salvador Dali

Living is more a question of what one spends than what one makes.
-Marcel Duchamp