Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Week 2 of 365

I have to admit that this project is keeping me quite busy.  I am trying to organize as I go back and look at images that I took, downloaded and never went back to until now.  So sad that I did that and there are some wonderful images just sitting.  I'm also trying to experiment more with my images and creating a new image has taken me hours to get it just right.   I do generally like to take right from the camera photos and not do too much with them, but with digital there is so much more I can do with my art and if I don't start and try I will never improve, and I believe that there is always ways to improve.

Okay, that is enough rambling.  Here is what I created this week!  Hope you love them:

Carrizozo Blue - New Mexico 11/365
Carrizozo Blue - New Mexico 11/365

Clauch School - New Mexico Ghost Town 10/365
Clauch School - New Mexico Ghost Town 10/365

Summer Jellyfish 13/365
Summer Jellyfish 13/365

New Red Shoes 12/365 (day late)
New Red Shoes 12/365

Cupid 14/365
Cupid 14/365

The Pantheon - exterior 15/365
The Pantheon - exterior 15/365
As you can see I've got Valentine's Day on my mind.  My daughter keeps talking about the little class party and how she needs to make something special this year.  Every year she hand makes something for her classmates and last year it was friendship bracelets.  This year it may be bottle cap magnets. She really like to make them and often makes them from images of her own art.

The first two images are from different New Mexico Ghost towns and have been taken as we travel around the state.   Carrizozo is a nice little town to stop in and get a soda from the small shop and soda fountain.  There is also a street of small galleries and gift shops.  The hours are short, but if they are open is a nice stop.

The jelly fish were taken this summer and I have a few more shot of different jellies I have yet to process.  I love to just stand there and watch the jelly fish when I visit an aquarium, they are very calming.  Much better then running into them in the ocean surf.

That brings us to the New Red Shoes. This came about from a shopping trip with my daughter.  She actually wanted to look at clothes for herself for the first time. Definitely a milestone, but to me one that make it seem she is growing up too fast.  I know, picking out a shirt, sweater, jeans and shoes is really not a big deal. But it was her reaction and the look on her face that made me wonder where my baby went. We did have a lot of fun with this shoot and she really loves the shoes.  It is nice to have the memories tied together, because I know this is only the beginning of her growing up.

The cupid was all about textures and using them to add to an image.  The hearts go so well with this cute sculpture, don't you think?

My final photo is of the Pantheon.  This was taken in 2004 with film.  I scanned in the negative and worked with it digitally. I added so scratch texture and a little paper to give it finished feeling that matched the image and worked well with the film's grain.  The Pantheon is one of my favorite buildings ever and the inside is even more amazing then the exterior. I had to do more from that same strip, so here is the interior:


Pantheon Grand
Pantheon Grand
Thanks for Visiting!
Lorissa

1 comment:

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

All of your photos are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

My baby is growing up too fast, too...where does time go! :)

more great quotes


Don't bother about being modern. Unfortunately it is the one thing that, whatever you do, you cannot avoid.
- Salvador Dali

Living is more a question of what one spends than what one makes.
-Marcel Duchamp