Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Week Three of 365!

Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to post on Tuesday each week, but with my daughter off school and up the mountain for a ski lesson all day, I just never got to it.  Growing up in FL, I have never snow skied, but it is nice to give my daughter the opportunity.  I told her I would take lessons if she like it and it would be something we could do together.

This past week I was distracted from working because my daughter came down with a mild case of the flu.  Her temperature of 101 to 102.5 keep her out of school for 4 days.  Thankfully she only had what appeared to be a bad cold with it and not all those other terrible symptoms the flu can produce.

Okay, so what images did I work on this week?

First is a photo of el Santuario de Chimayó.

Chimayó Spring - New Mexico 16/365
Chimayó Spring - New Mexico 16/365

Then I found some photos I had wanted to work on a while ago.  While on vacation in Estes Park, CO we stayed at the Stanley Hotel.  This hotel is considered to be haunted and the inspiration for Steven King's "The Shining"  In the book and movie there were ghost twins, so just for fun we made my daughter twins in the photo.  I did two images, one outside and one in.  The inside one was taken in the children's wing on the top floor.  People have reported to have heard children laughing a playing even when there are none staying on that floor. 

Ghost Girls 17/365
Ghost Girls 17/365

Ghost Girls 2 18/365
Ghost Girls 2 18/365

This beautiful bird is a Blue-crowned Motmot and I only know that because of a kind person on flickr who pointed me in the right direction.  I love the look he is giving me here.

untitled - 19/365
untitled - 19/365

I'm not a good at self portraits, but I though this was fitting.

Self Portrait Jan. 20, 2013 - 20/365
Self Portrait Jan. 20, 2013 - 20/365

I love Photography and this camera allowed the common man to try photography for the first time.  How can you not feel the love?

What do you Love? 21/365
What do you Love? 21/365

This was taken with my iPhone while up the mountain yesterday.  She loved her lesson, but didn't finish due to exhaustion.  The thin air really got to her.

Ski school 22/365
Ski School 22/365
Thanks for stopping by.
Lorissa

No comments:

more great quotes


Don't bother about being modern. Unfortunately it is the one thing that, whatever you do, you cannot avoid.
- Salvador Dali

Living is more a question of what one spends than what one makes.
-Marcel Duchamp